So, Haleigh had her first post op check up today. We met with Dr. Jea (the neurosurgeon) and Dr. Okcu (the oncologist). There were a few scheduling problems (boys really shouldn't be left to this stuff!), but thankfully we made both of our appointments.
Dr. Jea said that Haleigh looked great, her incision was healing nicely, and her soft spot felt normal. He suggested that we bumped up the first MRI from 3 months post op to 6 weeks post op, so they'll be calling us tomorrow to schedule this. At that appointment, we'll also check the level of her medicine to see if it's still the correct level.
Dr. Okcu said the same thing - that Haleigh looked great and he was glad to see her in such good spirits. Dr. Okcu's office was in the cancer center, and it was quite a big awakening. I was pretty nervous sitting in there, and praying to God that we'd never have to put Haleigh what those kids were going through. I feel completely awful for these children, but they all looked like they were in such great spirits, so I just slapped a smile on my face for them.
All in all, it was an OK day. Haleigh has had a fever today, has been throwing up a bit more than normal, and I'm just a little stressed out. Oh well...things could be MUCH worse.
Off to cook dinner, do laundry, pack, and entertain the baby & husband!
More later.
Much love,
Jess
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment