So it's 1pm Houston time, and Haleigh is finally off into surgery. Jared & I have had an insanely crazy morning, but our little princess is off with the nurse to go get her anastetic (sp?) and then finally to surgery. The weather here is totally craptastic so it's a little depressing but it's also good napping weather - it'd be totally nice to nap, but I don't anticipate us getting any rest today.
She has been so great today. We last fed her at 9pm last night, so the poor child was starving by the time they took her. Haleigh has spent all day playing around and talking to her Mommy & Daddy.
After we gave Haleigh over to the nurse, we came back out to the waiting room and found a host of people out here to support us. We are so very grateful for the support and visits and we feel insanely rude for asking to sit alone for a while, but this is a huge test for us and we need some alone time. Please know how appreciative we are to those of you who have come to support us, who have called, texted and emailed us. As I've said before, we are truly blessed with amazing people surrounding us.
The nurse told us that it could be anywhere from 5-12 hours, so it's going to be one hell of a crazy today. Hopefully Jared & I will be calm and at peace with the lack of control that we have (for anyone that knows me well, I hate to be out of control!).
I'll be updating the blog as soon as we get any valuable information. Jared & I will be getting calls to update us and we will post anything that is of importance.
Much love,
Jess & Jared
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment