Thursday, February 14, 2008

Mixed Bag...

Well, this note is a total hot and cold. I'll start out on a sad note that made me realize just how serious this situation is. I just heard children find out that their sibling had passed away. Pod 2 (the part Haleigh is not in) is closed until further notice, and the crying father just pulled his 3 kids (they looked to be 2, 3, and 7) into a private room with a counselor and a child life specialist. Please pray for this family. Please pray that God holds them together and gives them the strength to get through this. I cannot even begin to imagine their pain, so please please PLEASE put them in your prayers also.

A great note for Haleigh...she's cancer free! The oncologist came by about 30 minutes ago to let us know that it was just a papaloma (sp?), and that we'll just monitor her from afar! She is so blessed!

Gonna go hold my baby!
More later.
Much love,
Jess & Jared

2 comments:

Aunt Angie said...

We are SO happy and excited for you and Haleigh! What terrific news ... cancer-free! YIPPEE!!! :) God is SO Good!
We love ya'll,
Uncle Kenno and Aunt Angie

Claudette Keck said...

"Gonna go hold my baby" brings tears to Nana's eyes because you can. Other families are not so lucky and I know you guys realize it. Just hold on to and love each other more every day. I know you have matured a lot through this situation and are eternally grateful to a loving God. God bless you all as you lovingly heal -- emotionally and physically. Please give a kiss to Haleigh from her Pop and Nana. We love you guys so very much. Give her sugar a hug, too. This has been very hard for her. How about this deal, we will come to Houston and babysit while you move to your new house! By the way, the word is "papilloma." Believe me, I've researched. Hope you are resting well by this time.