What do you know...Surgery has been delayed! Uncle Dustin (Jared's brother) saw the residents and fellows in the hallway, and they told him that surgery was pushed back until 9am today. About 30 minutes later, the doctor came and talked to us. Dr. Jea told us that she'll be going down to surgery at 9am, and it will be on the 3rd floor. We'll be there all day, so feel free to come and visit us!
It was a long night for Jared and I, and we are ready to get through today. We had lots of quality time with Haleigh, and for the first time, we've had time to ourselves to talk about things.
Continue to pray...these next few days are going to be a huge test for everyone. We are anxious to see our baby girl happy, healthy, and ready to play without wires and monitors everywhere.
Thank you to everyone who has called, texted, emailed, visited (Steve & Gray from Sterling - thank you so much for coming to see us) and who has sent us little greetings off of the Texas Children's website. We have gotten all of the notecards, and they are absolutely amazing. We are grateful to have such amazing and strong people surrounding us!
Keep praying for us! That's all I can say...
I'll update sometime later today. I'm sure today will be full of updates!
Much Love,
Jess & Jared
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I am already praying for Haleigh, You two and the doctors. I met you all at Rick & Karen's Christmas party. God is an awesome God and a great healer. I will continue to pray for you all through the day.
Judy
Good morning Jessica and Jared!
Haleigh, as well as the two of you, are a constant presence in our prayers. We continue to pray for a successful surgery and complete healing. As I was driving in to work this morning, I recalled the start of another great adventure when Joshua started his leadership for the people of Israel. God's advice to Joshua applies to you today as we enter a new phase in Haleigh's adventure. God said," Be Bold. Be strong, for the Lord your God is with you. Do not be afraidd. Do not be dismayed. For the Lord your God is with you."
Much Love
Uncle Mike, Aunt Sherry, Jeremy and Adrienne
Joshua 1:6-9
Post a Comment