Haleigh is doing amazing this morning. Last night she only had one dose of Tylenol because she was a little cranky. She was getting ready to eat this morning when I got here, so as soon as I walked in, I got to feed the hungry baby. She sucked down 6ozs in about 10 minutes...she was a hungry hungry little girl. I turned her to the side to burp her, and in true Haleigh fashion, she burped pretty loud and even the nurses were shocked!
By the time Dr. Jea came in, Jared was here so we both got to ask a few questions, and he told us that she was looking great. We are FINALLY waiting on a private room - he said yesterday we were going upstairs, but because of her status (not enough time after surgery), they decided to keep her in ICU another night. So now, we're playing the waiting game again. Jared & I have gotten pretty good at being more patient. We've had to do a lot of waiting these past few days.
We get to start picking her up today! It was wierd holding her again, but you could tell she loved it. She was crying, but as soon as we picked her up, she was at peace - just holding on so tight and playing with her lovie. Haleigh has also figured out that if she pulls on the leads, they'll come off! She's such a smart girl :-) Her cathider (sp?) and they took her arterial IV out, too. Her artery that had the arterial IV in it shot out blood when they pulled it out. Lovely!
Jared & I are going to eat breakfast and then hopefully we'll have a room soon. We'll update as soon as we're in a room. We'd love visitors this weekend, but please call us before you come up - we want to see everyone, but we just don't want to overwhelm her or us for that matter.
Much love,
Jess & Jared
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
WOW! What great progress. I think Haleigh is starting to show off just a little bit.
Glad to know she is doing so well. We are continuing to pray for her full recovery, her healing and for no cancer.
Much love
Uncle Mike, Aunt Sherry, Jeremy and Adrienne
Hey. I just found out what was going on and wanted to let you know that you will all be in my prayers. I know God will help guide you through this. I love you Jessica and can not believe you have had to go through this. Just want you to know I am thinking about you. Love you! God bless!
Post a Comment